I don't think I'm in Brittany any more Toto ...
Not quite. I'm in Canberra actually!
My last post was in January, prior to heading off for a week in Spain. I returned to Australia on 21 January and stayed with Mum and Dad in Toowoomba for 4 days to readjust to long days of sunlight and catch up on some cricket and tennis.
I flew to Sydney where I stayed with my uncle Andrew and picked up my first car, which I bought from him. I will have to post a photo of it - it's a Subaru Impreza hatchback and a lovely lavender colour :)
I drove from Circular Quay to Canberra on Friday 27th - quite a test for an inexperienced driver.
Since returning I have hopped back into Canberra life-as-I-know-it:
Same house in O'Connor (with 1 change of housemate), same workplace at Treasury (new team - tax strategy), same cricket team (but many new faces), same choir (new faces again), still at uni part-time, etc ...
My social scene has changed a lot since returning. Previously, most of my friends in Canberra were fellow '03 Treasury grads but the majority of them are no longer in town. However, most of my Oslo mates are in Canberra to compete their master degrees, so I see a lot of them. Also, this year's cricket team is very social and we still hang out a bit 2 months on from the Grand Final. I'm also playing soccer with some of the cricket girls.
So, that's the state of play for now. Perhaps I will blog again sometime in the next 4 months ...
My last post was in January, prior to heading off for a week in Spain. I returned to Australia on 21 January and stayed with Mum and Dad in Toowoomba for 4 days to readjust to long days of sunlight and catch up on some cricket and tennis.
I flew to Sydney where I stayed with my uncle Andrew and picked up my first car, which I bought from him. I will have to post a photo of it - it's a Subaru Impreza hatchback and a lovely lavender colour :)
I drove from Circular Quay to Canberra on Friday 27th - quite a test for an inexperienced driver.
Since returning I have hopped back into Canberra life-as-I-know-it:
Same house in O'Connor (with 1 change of housemate), same workplace at Treasury (new team - tax strategy), same cricket team (but many new faces), same choir (new faces again), still at uni part-time, etc ...
My social scene has changed a lot since returning. Previously, most of my friends in Canberra were fellow '03 Treasury grads but the majority of them are no longer in town. However, most of my Oslo mates are in Canberra to compete their master degrees, so I see a lot of them. Also, this year's cricket team is very social and we still hang out a bit 2 months on from the Grand Final. I'm also playing soccer with some of the cricket girls.
So, that's the state of play for now. Perhaps I will blog again sometime in the next 4 months ...

1 Comments:
Its alive!
By
Jim, at 6:31 pm
Post a Comment
<< Home