Vikings and Fjords

Saturday, December 03, 2005

Big fat puffy jacket

Up until recently the weather has been remarkably mild - by Scandinavian standards anyway, it's hardly comparable to my youth in FNQ.
But the time has come when the light jacket I brought with me from home is no longer sufficient to keep out the cold, even with a woolly jumper underneath. So yesterday I bought myself a big fat puffy jacket - bright red so I won't get lost in the snow. So if I slip and fall on the ice I will be well padded from the bum up. It can also double nicely as a pillow while I'm traveling, which will add much-welcome comfort for the flight home in January.

The weather is shitty at the moment. The temperature is hovering at around 0, so the sporadic snow is not settling long, instead turning to slush or ice. The icy ground makes running out of the question for someone with my tendencies towards falling over, and walking anywhere is more tricky due to the uncertain footing.

In other news, I have my student visa! Well, actually I have Marian's visa.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home