Vikings and Fjords

Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Study groups

Yesterday I spent the day at Ingrid's place studying with Ingrid, Mark and Didrik. I've not previously done much group study, but it was very effective and also fun with a few study breaks to eat lunch, joke around, or pull out the guitar and sing songs. It snowed yesterday and white landscape was especially pretty where Ingrid lives, which is up towards the hills that surround Oslo.
Today we relocated to Didrik's house and had more of the same, but with no singing and the addition of Sigmund to our happy group.
Tomorrow we go our separate ways and do our own work. I think I will also attempt to sort out some Christmas plans and finally obtain my student visa (although the letter I have is addressed to Marian Lesley Steel who lives at an address down the road, so I'm not sure if I'll have much luck).

Oslo is gearing up for Christmas with pretty (and quite un-cheesy) Christmas decorations, including lovely street lights. Norwegians celebrate Advent with little gifts each day (or the more familiar calendar with doors), special candles and lights in the windows. I need to get into the spirit! (note singular, getting into the "spirits" would at this stage be rather damaging to my study habits).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home