River rising
Less rain today, and even a brief glimpse of the sun, so I went for a run.
I generally like familiar circuits when I run, and my two preferred options are the various paths through the nearby Botanic Gardens, or along the river that runs past Anker.
Today the water was flowing very strongly, and the river had even burst its banks in places. The two waterfalls I pass were in full force - not quite "Barron Falls after a cyclone", but still impressive, with clouds of spray floating around them.
I'm not sure if the extra flow is due to the regular (but hardly torrential) rain, or if something has been going on upstream.
On my wall I have a photo of the Barron Falls in flood in February 2001, taken by Emily from the Skyrail. It looks a bit like this photo.
Now that's a waterfall!
I generally like familiar circuits when I run, and my two preferred options are the various paths through the nearby Botanic Gardens, or along the river that runs past Anker.
Today the water was flowing very strongly, and the river had even burst its banks in places. The two waterfalls I pass were in full force - not quite "Barron Falls after a cyclone", but still impressive, with clouds of spray floating around them.
I'm not sure if the extra flow is due to the regular (but hardly torrential) rain, or if something has been going on upstream.
On my wall I have a photo of the Barron Falls in flood in February 2001, taken by Emily from the Skyrail. It looks a bit like this photo.
Now that's a waterfall!

1 Comments:
I look forward to visting Australia - thanks...
By
Wayne Clements , at 3:03 am
Post a Comment
<< Home