Two down
My gender exam went well this morning - two rather dry questions on implementing a gender perspective in peacebuilding and why there has been limited progress in implementation of the recommendation of UN Resolution 1325 on women, war and peace. I arrived at school almost an hour before the exam started to have time to flick through my notes.
On the walk home from school I saw a set of three public toilets, coloured blue, white and red and labeled liberty, equality and fraternity (for handicapped, women's and men's). One does not often see such nationalistic toilets. It was a bit odd.
I like libraries, they make me feel better when I am stressed out. On the way home I popped into the city library, which is not far from me. I was browsing the extensive foreign language fiction section and came across a volume of Henry Lawson's verse. It just seemed incongruous to see Henry Lawson when it was grey and sleeting outside. Also I did not expect that he would be well-known enough to make it to a European library (although many Norwegians don't consider themselves European, it's close enough for me).
Maybe I dreamt it all. I'm started to feel weary - a lot of study and I've been having trouble sleeping. I'm looking forward to finishing on Friday.
On the walk home from school I saw a set of three public toilets, coloured blue, white and red and labeled liberty, equality and fraternity (for handicapped, women's and men's). One does not often see such nationalistic toilets. It was a bit odd.
I like libraries, they make me feel better when I am stressed out. On the way home I popped into the city library, which is not far from me. I was browsing the extensive foreign language fiction section and came across a volume of Henry Lawson's verse. It just seemed incongruous to see Henry Lawson when it was grey and sleeting outside. Also I did not expect that he would be well-known enough to make it to a European library (although many Norwegians don't consider themselves European, it's close enough for me).
Maybe I dreamt it all. I'm started to feel weary - a lot of study and I've been having trouble sleeping. I'm looking forward to finishing on Friday.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home