Vikings and Fjords

Thursday, October 26, 2006

Movement at the station

It's been many many months since my last update, but as a lot is happening in my life at the moment I figure it's not a bad time for an update.

Tuesday was my last day working at Treasury after starting there as a graduate in February 2003. From Monday I will be working at the Department of the Prime Minister and Cabinet.
I'll be in the fiscal policy section, looking after 4 portfolios (Treasury, Dept of Foreign Affairs and Trade, Dept of Environment and Heritage, and Dept of Industry, Tourism and Resources) plus budget processes for the Future Fund and related financial frameworks issues. Big issues coming up soon are likely to be Australia's development assistance package and water.
Exciting times.

Next Thursday I finish part-time study after slogging away for over 3 years - hurray! I won't quite have my masters, as I'm keeping alive the option of writing a thesis, but deferring the decision for about a year. If I do choose to write a thesis I certainly won't attempt it part-time, and I might even try to get back to Oslo for 6 months to write it at PRIO. Depends to what extent I'm pining for the fjords ...

I'm also looking for a new place to live after being in my current share-house in O'Connor for the entire duration of my time in Canberra. I hope to find a 2-bed apartment somewhere in the same vicinity and live solo.

1 Comments:

  • not much movement at this station for quite a while!

    By Blogger Sally, at 7:56 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home