Back to the books
Back to study after the mountain trip and the buzz of the Nobel announcement on Friday.
It was quite exciting attending the announcement, with TV cameras and reporters crowding the Nobel Institute, which is usually so quiet and peaceful ;). Although I didn't make it onto Australian television, I may have made it onto Norwegian news - at least, some of our class were spotted on TV by Captain Sven, our teacher.
This morning I'm reading about terrorism for a lecture tomorrow on the "War against terrorism" and also keeping an eye on the cricket scores online - Lee strikes early! Gayle gone 2nd ball! Great start.
Was very impressed with Watson and Hussey in the Aussie innings - Watson kept the run rate ticking along nicely (he's more than just a pretty face after all) and while Hussey was a bit slow for the first half of his innings, he hit out really well at the end.
This arvo I should get back to my essays - one on female combatants (for gender) and the other on the relationship between pacifism and the just war tradition (ethics).
It was quite exciting attending the announcement, with TV cameras and reporters crowding the Nobel Institute, which is usually so quiet and peaceful ;). Although I didn't make it onto Australian television, I may have made it onto Norwegian news - at least, some of our class were spotted on TV by Captain Sven, our teacher.
This morning I'm reading about terrorism for a lecture tomorrow on the "War against terrorism" and also keeping an eye on the cricket scores online - Lee strikes early! Gayle gone 2nd ball! Great start.
Was very impressed with Watson and Hussey in the Aussie innings - Watson kept the run rate ticking along nicely (he's more than just a pretty face after all) and while Hussey was a bit slow for the first half of his innings, he hit out really well at the end.
This arvo I should get back to my essays - one on female combatants (for gender) and the other on the relationship between pacifism and the just war tradition (ethics).

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home