Vikings and Fjords

Wednesday, September 21, 2005

too much cheese

It's drizzling outside, the Iranian restaurant across the road is already open (it's not yet 5!) and I've eaten too much cheese today and my tummy is complaining. I like the brown cheese here but I'm yet to find a nice tasty yellow cheese - I've nearly finished my second block of bland stuff. I'll have to consult someone in my class.

I'm struggling to get my paper finished, although I'm reasonably happy with what I've written so far so hopefully there won't be too much redrafting tomorrow.

I had a big struggle day on Sunday and gave up and read The Tenant of Wildfell Hall via Project Gutenberg. It's number 2 of my Bronte revival - I read Jane Eyre a couple of weeks ago after getting really pissed off by Kant and Aristotle's ridiculous views of women which were mentioned in one of my readings for a gender lecture. (Eg Kant "I hardly believe that the fair sex is capable of principles", Aristotle "a female is an incomplete male or as it were, a deformity" - and these blokes are canonical figures in Western philosophy!! grrrr)
I guess Wuthering Heights must be next on the list. I read all three 10 years ago, but they're good books.

And now the sun is out - the weather moves quickly here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home