The tide has turned my friend
There's a chill in the air, it's been either drizzling or cloudy all day and there are flecks of yellow appearing in the trees. The Norskes in my class have been making dire predictions since our sunny orientation day 3 weeks ago, but now I think autumn has truly arrived. I think met.no backs me up on this.
I have been in denial - I wore skirts and sandals each day from Friday to Monday (although on Sunday it was really too cold for it). But now I am cooking hearty soups and stewing fruit.
Oh well, I have a busy week of study anyhow. I run a tutorial next Monday on "From nation-building to peace-building: a historical approach" prior to a 2 hour lecture on the topic by Stein Tonnesson, who is head of PRIO. And next Wednesday I submit my first paper: 2,000 words on the topic "What is peacebuilding? Discuss."
It's timely - at this week's UN World Summit, amongst other things there will be a decision on the option of establishing a Peacebuilding Commission.
I have been in denial - I wore skirts and sandals each day from Friday to Monday (although on Sunday it was really too cold for it). But now I am cooking hearty soups and stewing fruit.
Oh well, I have a busy week of study anyhow. I run a tutorial next Monday on "From nation-building to peace-building: a historical approach" prior to a 2 hour lecture on the topic by Stein Tonnesson, who is head of PRIO. And next Wednesday I submit my first paper: 2,000 words on the topic "What is peacebuilding? Discuss."
It's timely - at this week's UN World Summit, amongst other things there will be a decision on the option of establishing a Peacebuilding Commission.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home