This time 2nd best is more than good enough
Last night was the presentation night for the ANU football club, where team prizes are awarded and the club celebrates the football season.
I've got a bit of form on the board for taking out awards, usually things like "most improved" or "coach's/captain's award" recognising effort, being a good sport etc.
Instead, to my shock and delight, I came a close 2nd (1 point off the winner) in the women's best and fairest award, which is actually judged on performance on the field (ie the Brownlow model). Fair to say this was a huge surprise as I was a rookie and there are some very good players in the team, not to mention my early days of lacking talent in just about all sports.
I know a certain namesake will be looking down with pride (and possibly some surprise as well).
I've got a bit of form on the board for taking out awards, usually things like "most improved" or "coach's/captain's award" recognising effort, being a good sport etc.
Instead, to my shock and delight, I came a close 2nd (1 point off the winner) in the women's best and fairest award, which is actually judged on performance on the field (ie the Brownlow model). Fair to say this was a huge surprise as I was a rookie and there are some very good players in the team, not to mention my early days of lacking talent in just about all sports.
I know a certain namesake will be looking down with pride (and possibly some surprise as well).

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home